At the beautiful Silver Shore Waterfront, 1 James DeSana Drive, in Wyandotte. Chase away those winter blues with our kick-off celebration of live music, merriment and magic with the hot sounds from Dave Tatrow, Dave Bennett, Doug Cobb and the Dixieland Allstars.
Just a few 2016 TCF Calendars left
20 calendars left and then they are gone for another year. Just $15, with free shipping! Order here.
Want to see YOUR photos in print? Submit your ‘best of the ‘best’ high resolution pics taken at the Taylor Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and send them to us for consideration for our 2017 version. It’s not too early, and keep in mind we are always looking for winter scenes, too!
8th Annual Growing Great Gardens Registration is Open! Hosted with our partners from the Taylor Garden Club, and Wayne County Community College Downriver campus. 8-4 p.m. Join us for a full day of learning and fun with speakers, lunch, Garden Marketplace, Door prizes and more. Register online here. Or, Print and Mail In Registration. See you at GGG!
Want to be a TCF Volunteer? Join our Garden Groomers Team. You’ll be part of a dedicated group that keep our gardens in tip-top shape. They water, weed, fertilize, prune, tie-up roses and floppy plants, analyze pest and disease problems and provide a wealth of information to us through their observations. Want to join our GG Team? We’d love to have you!
Email Louise Doute, Taylor Conservatory volunteer coordinator.
(Back L to R: Patty Donahue, Meg Holmes, Jeff Nicita, Lisa Kozakowski, Susanne Kozakowski, Sandy Salowich, Sandi McCown, Sherry Soja-Molloy, Louise Doute, Sharon Zitnik. Front L to R seated, Margaret Cook, Ellen Sicotte, Jeanine Fennessey Jill Parrish, Tim Parrish)
Did you know?
- Most of our visitors are from cities outside of Taylor? We’ve had visits from Russia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Romania and and 25 states.
- We’ve planted over 1000 trees and shrubs in the gardens.
- Our espaliered apple and pear trees were grown by Peter Thevenot from River Road Farms in Decatur, TN. Peter is renowned worldwide for his skills in the ancient art of espalier.
- The Conservatory weighs over 3 tons. Try picking that up!
- Our Garden Groomers maintained over 120 large container gardens this year.
- The hedge surrounding our gardens are Arborvitaes, or Thuja plicata ‘Atrovirens’.