2015 Calendars Sold Out.
Sorry to say that if you didn’t get your 2015 calendar, there are no more to be had for this year. A big thank you to volunteer Sherry Soja-Molloy for sponsoring and designing this year’s masterpiece.
Would you like to see your photos in print? Submit your ‘best of the ‘best’ high resolution pics taken at the Taylor Conservatory & Botanical Gardens and send them to us for consideration for our 2016 version. It’s not too early, and keep in mind we are always looking for winter scenes, too!
More than flowers bloom at the Conservatory
The Taylor Rotary recently donated a Little Free Library to the Taylor Conservatory and we had an installation unveiling on a warm and wet Thursday in November.
Kids and adults can take a book to read, as long as they bring a book to share. The library will spend the winter in storage, and we’ll make it available from April to October for the public to use and share. As we like to say, “More than flowers bloom at the Conservatory”. Thank You, Taylor Rotary!
Want to be a TCF Volunteer? Join our Garden Groomers Team. You’ll be part of a dedicated group that keep our gardens in tip-top shape. They water, weed, fertilize, prune, tie-up roses and floppy plants, analyze pest and disease problems and provide a wealth of information to us through their observations. Want to join our GG Team? We’d love to have you!
Email Louise Doute, Taylor Conservatory volunteer coordinator.
(Back L to R: Patty Donahue, Meg Holmes, Jeff Nicita, Lisa Kozakowski, Susanne Kozakowski, Sandy Salowich, Sandi McCown, Sherry Soja-Molloy, Louise Doute, Sharon Zitnik. Front L to R seated, Margaret Cook, Ellen Sicotte, Jeanine Fennessey Jill Parrish, Tim Parrish)
Did you know?
- Most of our visitors are from cities outside of Taylor? We’ve had visits from Russia, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Romania and and 25 states.
- We’ve planted over 1000 trees and shrubs in the gardens.
- Our espaliered apple and pear trees were grown by Peter Thevenot from River Road Farms in Decatur, TN. Peter is renowned worldwide for his skills in the ancient art of espalier.
- The Conservatory weighs over 3 tons. Try picking that up!
- Our Garden Groomers maintained over 120 large container gardens this year.
- The hedge surrounding our gardens are Arborvitaes, or Thuja plicata ‘Atrovirens’.