Want to be a TCF Volunteer?
Say Hi! to Our Garden Groomers. The Groomer Team is dedicated to keeping our gardens in tip-top shape. They water, weed, fertilize, prune, tie-up roses and floppy plants, analyze pest and disease problems and provide a wealth of information to us through their observations. Want to join our GG Team? We'd love to have you!
, our volunteer coordinator.
(Back row, l-r: Becky Poma, Lois Walker, Kathleen Kozakowski. Front row, l-r: Louise Doute, Jim Thompson, Lisa Kozakowski, Jeff Nicita, Jeanine Fennessey. not pictured: Cathy Dinco, Susanne Kozakowski, Sandi McCown, Jill and Jim Parrish, Sandy Salowich, Gordy Zahn)
Did you know?
- Most of our visitors are from cities outside of Taylor? We've had visits from 4 countries and 17 states.
- We've planted over 1000 trees and shrubs in the gardens.
- Our espaliered apple and pear trees were grown by Peter Thevenot from River Road Farms in Decatur, TN. Peter is renowned worldwide for his skills in the ancient art of espalier.
- The Conservatory weighs over 3 tons.
- Our Garden Groomers maintained over 100 large container gardens this year.
- The hedge surrounding our gardens are Arborvitaes, or Thuja plicata 'Atrovirens'.